Am 03.12.2016 um 17:21 schrieb Paul J Stevens:
Sounds valid - some RFC that defines this behavior would be nice though

in case of dovecot it looks like "Return-Path: <bounce-md_30850198.57ea4c6d.v1-faa83b451eba4e4287c81131249b3...@mandrillapp.com>" which is always the *first* header and contains also <> which makes it easier useable for anchored-regex in contentfilters

point is that a contentfilter has only one way to decide if a header is trustable or mabye faked which makes it unuseable for decisions (at least for decisions for ham-scrores) and that's the trust-path internal_networks/trusted_networks

when you place any header on bottom this one is no longer trustable and the following RFC even when it is talking only about received headers should aplly to any header

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2821.txt

  An Internet mail program MUST NOT change a Received: line that was
  previously added to the message header.  SMTP servers MUST prepend
  Received lines to messages; they MUST NOT change the order of
  existing lines or insert Received lines in any other location

Fixing this like you propose is trivial.

Currently dbmail uses g_mime_object_set_header(), but instead this could
be changed to g_mime_object_prepend_header()

We might even get aways with *always* prepend any header we add, but
adding a separate call to do that explicitely seems like the safer choice.