Hi all,
one problem at a time, we're approaching the solution, I'm confident about this! :-)

You were terribly right: I deleted the .m2/repository/com/sun/jersey folder, and tried to install the project again, and this time the build was successful.

But today it's a rainy day, and if I try to launch scala with the command:

mvn scala:run -Dlauncher=Indexer

I obtain a BUILD ERROR.
Attached is the output.

I also tried with simply mvn scala:run, but the error is the same.

I specified the index path in the file default_index_path with:
/media/Iomega500/dbpedia-dump/dbpedia-lookup/network/www5/dbpedia-lookup/lookup_index/

cheers,
roberto