Hi Dennis, thanks for your interest, the subjects you picked have been
discussed a lot in a thread by a prospective student named Abhishek Gupta.
I suggest you taking a look at some threads in the mailing list here
http://sourceforge.net/p/dbpedia/mailman/dbpedia-gsoc/?viewmonth=201503
looking for replies with his name, mine (Thiago Galery), or David Pryzbilla
's.
If you have any questions, feel free to email the mailing list and we'll
get back to you as soon as we can.
All the best,
Thiago