Hi Amitrajit & welcome,

Until the application period we keep all conversations public and we
discuss any question about the project in this mailing list.
There is already some discussion on this project if you search the ml
archives and you are welcome to ask more detailed questions.
Marco, the mentor for this project will happily guide you

Cheers,
Dimitris

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Amitrajit Sarkar <aaiijm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> hi..
>
> my name is Amitrajit. I am a CS undergraduate student from Jadavpur
> University, India. Im fluent in C, C++, Java, Python, and have been working
> on Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence for a while now.
> but this is my first time applying for Google Summer of Code. the ideas:
> 'fact extraction from Wikipedia text' and 'reverse engineering and aligning
> Freebase with DBpedia' caught my attention. I dropped an email yesterday
> introducing myself. since then, I went ahead and tried out one of the
> warmup tasks on dbpedia/fact-extractor. Ive issued a pull request on
> GitHub..
>
> to the best of my understanding (which may not be much), fact extraction
> would be an unsupervised (or semisupervised) dependency parsed pattern
> interpretation, whereas database alignment would be a matter of finding and
> linking (and sometimes creating) common vertices and edges on the knowledge
> graph. but I was hoping Id be able to talk to someone about the projects..
>
> any help would be welcome. thank you..

> sponsored
> all

Kontokostas Dimitris