Jaekwank,

You would indeed expect significantly better results with higher polynomial
degree on the same mesh, if the solution is sufficiently regular.
What kind of mesh are you using? Are you resolving all the boundary layers
suitably? Are you using a Mapping of the same order as your velocity ansatz
space is?

Best,
Daniel