Alexander,

Thank you for your answer! It was a bit surprising as soon as the second
author is a lead dev of MFEM.

I suppose that you are still using or going to use deal.ii, making a
real-life example of its advanced usage to be public  will help the
progress to go on. This way you will have a better tool in your hands and
it worth to spend a fraction of the time you have already spent on
developing the code. I believe that just pushing  the project to GitHub
should not be too time-consuming, if you can provide a preprint of the
paper - it will be a great piece of documentation to such kind of program.

There are very few examples of using Nedelec elements, mostly in
deal.ii/test, any full-fledged example is really welcomed. I think that at
some point deal.ii will become more covered with production level apps,
able to solve challenging problems, making it much easier to start for
engineers and physicist without a special education.

Best regards,
Kostya