Another point I need to mention is that I had the same problem when as my
first try of parallelization, I paralleled a much simpler code, the
step-25, based on the step-40 .
I received the same Segmentation Violation error from Petsc. At that time,
I replaced PreconditionerAMG with PreconditionerJacobi and the problem

However, Now even using PreconditionerJacobi can not remedy the issue even
if it works for very few initial value and boundary conditions.

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 4:05:21 PM UTC-5, Hamed Babaei wrote:
> Timo,
> Step-40 works on my machine perfectly. The code and its dependent
> parameter file are attached.
> I appreciate it if you could run the code on your machine and see what's
> the problem with it.
> Thanks
> On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 7:55:35 AM UTC-5, Timo Heister wrote:
>> > I have parallelized a code for a Thermoelastic problem based on step-40
>> .
>> Does step-40 work on your system?
>> > It seems from debugger backtracethat that error comes from the
>> > PETScWrappers::SolverCG.
>> Can you share the backtrace with us?
>> --
>> Timo Heister