Another point I need to mention is that I had the same problem when as my
first try of parallelization, I paralleled a much simpler code, the
step-25, based on the step-40 .
I received the same Segmentation Violation error from Petsc. At that time,
I replaced PreconditionerAMG with PreconditionerJacobi and the problem
resolved.

However, Now even using PreconditionerJacobi can not remedy the issue even
if it works for very few initial value and boundary conditions.