On 10/16/2016 03:46 PM, Hamed Babaei wrote:
Another point I need to mention is that I had the same problem when as my
first try of parallelization, I paralleled a much simpler code, the step-25,
based on the step-40 .
I received the same Segmentation Violation error from Petsc. At that time, I
replaced PreconditionerAMG with PreconditionerJacobi and the problem resolved.

This does not help right now, but as a general rule, it is far simpler to debug things when you have a small, simple program that when you have a large, complicated one. In your case, you had a problem you didn't understand, and you chose to address it in a way that papered over it, rather than properly fixed it based on an understanding of what is going on. It is a truism that this sort of issue will come back at some time.

In other words, if you have a problem, debug it until you understand what the problem is, and then fix it the right way. Don't paper over it.

Best
 W.