On 10/18/2016 05:10 PM, Joshua White wrote:

There is definitely an informal community of people using deal.II for
various problems in computational geomechanics, including geotechnical
problems like consolidation analysis and slope stability.  Over the
years, some colleagues and I have accumulated quite a bit of
infrastructure for these sorts of problems (including constitutive
models like Modified Cam Clay).   A few of us came to a decision
recently that we should package and share this code with the broader
community, but unfortunately this is still a work in progress.

I think I'm speaking for the whole community that something of this sort would definitely be fantastic!

One option would certainly be to make this into a code gallery project:
  http://dealii.org/code-gallery.html

Another is to attach this to a discussion recently started by J-P Pelteret here:
  https://github.com/dealii/dealii/issues/3091

Best
 Wolfgang