Hey Daniel,
Thanks for the reply!
I tried doing what you suggested. The code snippet:
    void * ptr = nullptr; //I tried with NULL and 0 synonyms as well
    MatrixCreator::create_mass_matrix(dof_handler,
QGauss<dim>(fe.degree+1), mass_matrix, ptr , constraints);

The error:
step-26.cc:209:69: error: no matching function for call to
‘create_mass_matrix(dealii::DoFHandler<2>&, dealii::QGauss<2>,
dealii::SparseMatrix<double>&, void*&, dealii::ConstraintMatrix&)’
                                       mass_matrix, ptr , constraints);

^