I'm wondering if I could tag onto this message. I'm having a similar
problem. Installed with no problems. However, when I run the tests, they
all fail with the error:

symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libumfpack.so.3.1.0: undefined symbol:
amd_realloc

To Wolfgang's question... I have both gcc and g++ installed. I'm not sure
if that could cause a conflict. The libraries, in particular the one in
question, were installed using apt-get, so I didn't do any compiling on the
machine. By the way, my platform is Ubuntu 14.04, if that is important.

Thanks,

Geoff