I'm trying to apply some partial boundary conditions to the step-22 stokes
problem. I can't seem to find much further help on this and when I try and
implement it, it solves but solution is clearly unstable/blows up.

I am trying the basics before i impose inhomogeneous quantities, and using
no normal flux on the boundary, which constrains one component, and then
allow no tangential stresses either, which should constrain the other two.
Can anyone spot where I'm going wrong? I'm unsure whether I'm just using a
very silly test case (the same as step-22) for the conditions, or whether
i'm imposing things incorrectly.

I am doing:
std::set<types::boundary_id> all_boundaries;
all_boundaries.insert (0);
VectorTools::compute_no_normal_flux_constraints (dof_handler, 0,
                                                             all_boundaries,
                                                             constraints);

then

typename FunctionMap<dim>::type tang_map;
ZeroFunction<dim> tang_stress (2);
tang_map[0] = &tang_stress;
VectorTools::compute_nonzero_tangential_flux_constraints (dof_handler, 0,
                                                            all_boundaries,
              tang_map,
                                                            constraints);

I believe these are all the conditions you need....

thanks a lot