This is a seemingly simple problem.

I want to develop a code to model a 1d system of equations. I decided to go
through the tutorial and add/change what I need in my model. I use python
regularly, but my c skills are rusty (to say the least). I changed the
stap-1 code file from  (line 39)

Triangulation<2> triangulation;

Triangulation<1> triangulation;

but i get an error that

An error occurred in line <3526> of file </home/yotam/Sync/Applications/
dealii-8.5.1/source/grid/grid_out.cc> in function
    void dealii::internal::{anonymous}::write_eps(const dealii::
Triangulation<1, 1>&, std::ostream&, const dealii::Mapping<1>*, const dealii
::GridOutFlags::Eps<2>&, const dealii::GridOutFlags::Eps<3>&)
The violated condition was:
    false
Additional information:
    You are trying to use functionality in deal.II that is currently not
implemented. In many cases, this indicates that there simply didn't appear
much of a need for it, or that the author of the original code did not have
the time to implement a particular case. If you hit this exception, it is
therefore worth the time to look into the code to find out whether you may
be able to implement the missing functionality. If you do, please consider
providing a patch to the deal.II development sources (see the deal.II
website on how to contribute).

I was hoping this is to due with GridOut trying to use its 2d method on my
1d triangulation, so I after going through the code, I added the following

GridOutFlags::Eps<1> epsflag;
grid_out.set_flags(epsflag);

right before I write the grid to the eps file (line 59)

however I get the same error message. is there a way to print the 1d grid?

Thank you.