Hi,

On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 8:55:34 PM UTC-5, Daipayan Sarkar wrote:

> At ~ 48% I get the following error message:
>
> *error: **"PETSc was configured with MPICH but now appears to be
> compiling using a non-MPICH mpi.h"*

The problem is that you are mixing two different versions of MPI and you
are not allowed to do that. You have told petsc to install mpich
(--download-mpich) but you probably already have another mpi on your
system. I would advise you to reinstall petsc without the option
--download-mpich.

Best,

Bruno