Hello,
My gmsh mesh produces 3 physical groups which are independent. Say my
simulation is the flow around a cylinder. The cylinder is a physical group
(0), the inlet (say left wall) is a class inheriting from the Function
class which sets the X component to 1 and the Y component to 0 and uses the
velocity mask.
Finally the physical group(2) is supposed to be the top and the bottom
boundary which would be slip. The last part (the right wall) I wish to
leave as a free boundary condition so it is not put in any physical group.
Everything works if I put the physical group(2) as a dirichlet boundary
condition (and if I adapt the velocity profile of the inlet so that it
matches the 0 on the top and bottom wall using for instance a parabolic
inlet profile).

Does the order in which I apply the nonzero and zero constraints matter?
Currently I apply the inlet and then the no-slip in the
nonzero_constraints, thus the bottom and top wall appear after the inlet.
Afterward the cylinder is put in the zero constraints.
Thanks you very much
Best regards
Bruno