On Thu, Apr 12, 2018, at 14:48 CDT, Stephen DeWitt <stvd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
> Ok, that makes sense.
>
> I think I have both libdeal.ii and libdeal.ii-dev, at least that's what
> apt-get tells me if I try to install libdeal.ii-dev seperately, although I
> haven't figured out how to use the dev version rather than the
> auto-detected release version.

Only the 8.4.1 release is currently packaged for Debian and Ubuntu.

Given the fact that you already installed all dependencies, you can
simply fetch and build the development version via something like:

  $ git clone https://github.com/dealii/dealii
  $ mkdir dealii/build
  $ cd dealii/build
  $ cmake -DWITH_MPI=ON ..
  $ make -j<n>              (where <n> is the number of parallel builds.)

I will try to fix the binary version installed in Ubuntu.

Thanks for reporting!
Matthias