On 04/26/2018 06:40 AM, Phani Motamarri wrote:
Thank you Prof Wolfgang for the reply. Yes I meant DoF indices. Since get the level 1 mesh globally refined from level 0 (hyper_cube), if I make both of these levels active at the same time, does dealii default numbering scheme gets the dofs on the lowest level numbered first followed by the numbering of the remaining dofs on level 1? Hence my query is that "Is there anyway I can make both these levels active at the same time and obtain the default numbering of dofs like above?"

No. A cell is either active (=has no children) or it is not (=has children). It is not something you can choose or set.

I just want to avoid writing my my own algorithm to get the required numbering to avoid any bugs which might be tricky when you have non-uniform mesh.

I'm afraid you'll have to write your own algorithm. You may want to look at the implementation of some of the other renumbering schemes in source/dofs/dof_renumbering.cc to see how this is done!