Dear John,

> Another simple question  is that how to obtain the triangulation of a
> standard hexagonal in 2d?

Do you mean a 6-sided hexagon? Well, this is the sort of geometry that one
might want to use a mesh generation tool (e.g. GMSH, Cubit) for since you can’t
trivially create a structured mesh for it. You could also look at Texhex
(https://github.com/martemyev/tethex/wiki
<https://github.com/martemyev/tethex/wiki>) as a possible way to convert a
structured triangular mesh to one that uses quads.

I hope that this helps you.

Best,
Jean-Paul

P.S. In future, please post follow-up questions that differ from the original
topic as new questions. It makes it easier for anyone looking for answers to
the second question to find them!