On 2/28/20 12:49 AM, 'Maxi Miller' via deal.II User Group wrote:
After additional tests I noticed that I'm not only overwriting the target_component-component with the new values, but also the other components, but with 0 instead. But instead I do not want to touch them. How can I do that (if possible)?

Let interpolate_b_v put its results into a temporary vector and then only copy over those elements you are interested in. If you are using block vectors, then that means just copying the block that matters. Otherwise you'll have to identify for each unknown which component it corresponds to (I think that there are functions for this in DoFTools) and then copy only those elements.