On 6/16/20 1:46 PM, Andrew Davis wrote:

and I have gotten what I expect.  I have also tried attaching the particle properties using:

unsigned int npart = 0;
for( auto iter=particleHandler.begin(); iter!=particleHandler.end(); ++iter, ++part ) {   dealii::ArrayView<double> data(interpolatedParticleQuantities.begin() + part*ncomponents, ncomponents);
   iter->set_properties(data);
}

but I get the compiler error:

*error: *cannot convert ‘*dealii::ArrayView<double>*’ to ‘*const std::vector<double, std::allocator<double> >&*’

353 | iter->set_properties(*data*);

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Or is there is a better way to do this? I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find anything in the tutorials/examples.

You've already solved this one problem by converting the ArrayView to a std::vector by hand in your next mail.

> The violated condition was:
>
> property_pool != nullptr
>
> Additional information:
>
> This exception -- which is used in many places in the library -- usually

That's more complicated. The exception happens in the line
  iter->set_properties(...)
and tells you that the particle 'iter' points to isn't associated with a PropertyPool, i.e., the object that stores particle properties. I'm not sure why that is so. I believe that from your code, you set up the ParticleHandler to hold properties, but I can't see where the ParticleHandler's PropertyPool would be propagated to the newly added particles.

Can you create a minimal program that shows the issue? It doesn't have to do anything useful, just illustrate the error.