Hello Lex,

You were close.

https://www.dealii.org/current/doxygen/deal.II/classMapping.html#ae5df63553eb8ed170c3b90524853dd48

The project_real_point_to_unit_point_on_face() is useful is you take a
"volume" point within the cell. Since you are mapping from unit to real,
you would always know whether your point is on the face or not.

Therefore, transform_unit_to_real_cell() should do the trick. Unless you
somehow actually need to project a "volume" point, but projecting within
unit cell is easy, which you would then follow with
transform_unit_to_real_cell().

Best regards,

Doug