Hi All,

I am doing a grid study of a 2D mesh. At first I simply applied a local
refinement in the code for a specific region,
but it turns out this caused the load to be unbalanced among the ranks (the
rank carrying the refined mesh is much more loaded than others)
and the computation became very slow. Then I tried refine the mesh and
output it as a file, then read it in as regular mesh.
This time it seems that the hanging nodes are not properly treated.
(DoFTools::make_hanging_node_constraints() only search for cells
that have children, which is lost after the I/O I did). Is there any way to
resolve this problem, by either re-balance the
computation load after local refinement or make the solver realize the
hanging nodes?

Thanks!
Feimi