Hi Wolfgang,

I realized something after I posted my question, so I removed it after a
while. Sorry that my original post is not shown in the thread. After
checking the output block IDs in ParaView I found that it was not
the unbalanced load that caused the slow computation, but somehow the
hanging nodes themselves, which caused the change of condition number in
the system matrix. So I think the best way to resolve
this might be to re-mesh my domain and get rid of the hanging nodes if
there is no better solution for it.

Thanks!
Feimi