Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a solver to solve a fluid-structure problem, like a heart
valve: the valve is an elastic material, and the blood could be considered
as an incompressible fluid (evolutionary incompressible Navier--Stokes
equations).

In step-46 I see a Fluid-Structure interaction implemented in dealii

    https://www.dealii.org/current/doxygen/deal.II/step_46.html

but I'm not sure if it is appropiate to a more realistic problem.

I know that the first thing is to know what is the numerical method that we
want implement, but I'm not sure what is the appropiated numerical method
to solve this strong coupled problem.

My goal is to implement a model of a valve oppening and close due blood
pressure (a cilindrical tube with an elastic obstacle in the middle). Do
you think dealii could be an appropiate code to model this? Or is a too big
problem?

The other possibility is to use commercial software (COMSOL or ANSIS), but
due we don't know what they do to solve the problem, I could prefer to
program "my own" solver, for example with dealii.

I suppose there must be many papers proposing algorithms for these types of
coupled problems, but I have not found anyone explaining the mathematical
aspects behind it. So I am very confused about how to implement this
coupled problem.

I don't know if is too much to ask here,  if so, I apologize in advance.

In concrete, my questions are the following:

- what is the numerical algorithm to solve this coupled problem.
- and, is it possible to solve this with dealii? Or is a too big problem.

--
Ramiro