> Thank you for your reply. Yeah, I would definitely like try and make it work.
> So, what I did was, I made some small changes in the file
> 'dof_tools_constraints.inst.in '.
> I just added spacedim loop for the first two 'for loop' blocks.

Yes, this is probably all that is needed.

> Although the build was successful, I am not sure how to check if its
> implemented correctly or not.

I would typically go about this in the following ways:
1. Look over the implementation and think about if the operations make sense.
2. Create a small test, run it, and make sure you are not running into
Assert/crashes.
3. Set up a test problem where you can verify that things work correctly.

It sounds like you should be able to make 2) and 3) work with the
modified step-3 that you posted.

 One more slightly basic question, do I need to build all the other
files if I only changed this one file? Does it not detect that only
one file was changed? This is the way one goes about changing stuff
right?

If you run "make", we automatically detect everything that needs to be
rebuilt and do exactly that. You might need a "make install" as well,
depending on how you specify the location of your deal.II library.

> Also, I will be sure to put a pull request if it works.

Awesome! Let us know if you need help at any point.

--
Timo Heister
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/