Update: the problem is that, when I installed the newest version of dealii,
the boost version that I had separately installed was 1.67.0. Instead of
using the version bundled in dealii (version 1.70.0), dealii configured
with the separately installed version. However, whenever it does the
compilation check, it #includes the bundled version of boost. I'm not sure
why it does that, because when I run a loose source file (e.g.
`boost_test.cpp` in my home directory) with boost included, it uses the
separately installed version.

In any case, I think the fix will be to uninstall boost, and then
re-install dealii so that it uses its bundled version. Just wanted to make
a note about it because I think this is unintended behavior.

- Lucas