Dear Wolfgang,

Thanks for a quick reply, and sorry for ambiguity. To be more precise
(trying to be) I should say the lines I modified with the aim of creating a
so-called "view" do not do that for my intended variable. My question
mainly was that if using the [ ] operator (that I added) does the job of
identifying the desired field on the faces? Is the usage correct?
I am also a bit confused as fe.system_to_component_index
<https://www.dealii.org/current/doxygen/deal.II/classFiniteElement.html#a86644fe67824373cd51e9ff7fca94f8c>(i)
seems to do the same but not for the faces I guess. So not sure which
approach should be taken.

Thank you,
Ali