On 2/8/22 09:12, Ali Seddiq wrote:
This is while if I change the pressure, naming it as U2 to another scalar field variable , naming it as U1, it works, though I get zero iteration for U1, and in fact it does not solve for U1.
For example if I write:

fe_face_values[U1].value(i, q_point) *...    (U1: second scalar variable)

It leads to the error, but if I write:
fe_face_values[U1].value(i, q_point) *... (U1: first scalar variable)

does  a number of iterations for U1 , and 0 iteration (probably also meaning no solution) for U2.

Ali -- we don't know what your code looks like (and even if we did, we would not have the time to debug it), but the paragraph above suggests to me that you do not actually understand what the various parts of your code are doing.

My suggestion to you is to make sure you have the simplest possible case that fails. That means that you find out what the difference between U1 and U2 is, and why one fails and the other does not. In general, I find that copying the current version of a program to a safe place, and then slashing everything from it that is not necessary to show the bug is a valid strategy for debugging. Make the program as small as you can, since this reduces the number of places where the bug can be.