Andrew Shadura <and...@shadura.me> writes:

> I don't think many people are going to use this option (I can only
> think of myself and Gunnar), but it seems Mexican provider called
> Telcel offers free roaming in US and Canada. I'm going to top-up my
> card and try to use it next Saturday — I'll post the results to the
> wiki.

Also, for anyone coming from the US, I believe t-mobile provides
call/text/data in Canada and Mexico with no extra charges, but I'd
suggest double-checking your particular arrangement to be sure.  I
imagine that also means that you could buy a prepaid sim before leaving,
-- or even postpaid, and only keep it for a month (assuming they no
longer have contracts).

(Note that you do have to enable data roaming in the settings, but
 t-mobile confirmed that it wouldn't incur any extra costs.)

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org