On 23 July 2017 at 06:26, Andrew Shadura <and...@shadura.me> wrote:
> On 22 July 2017 19:50:33 CEST, Chris Boot <bo...@debian.org> wrote:
>>On 22/07/2017 10:28, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
>>> So I have moved the FAQ here and expanded it:
>>> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/Sim-card-information
>>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Thanks very much for all the discussion here and for the much expanded
>>wiki/FAQ entry. Exactly the kind of information I was after. Much
>>appreciated!
>
> I don't think many people are going to use this option (I can only think of
> myself and Gunnar), but it seems Mexican provider called Telcel offers free
> roaming in US and Canada. I'm going to top-up my card and try to use it next
> Saturday — I'll post the results to the wiki.

I just wanted to confirm, indeed, Telcel's SIM cards work in Canada,
the data count as normal Mexican data (at least, with data packages
(paquetes de Internet), I haven't checked Amigo Sin Límite), plus
there's extra data for WhatsApp only:

   http://www.telcel.com/personas/telefonia/amigo/paquetes#!mb-para-tu-amigo

--
Cheers,