Hi all,

with my hat of pkg-remote team member, I'd like to meet with people in Debian, that use or want to use Debian in remote desktop infrastructures.

When saying remote desktop here, I rather mean Desktop (also Software) as a Service ideas rather than the related Microsoft product / functionality (RDP).

We have several technologies in Debian that facilitate remote desktop computing between Linux/Windows/Mac OS clients and Linux Desktop Environments: xRDP, X2Go.

Also there will be another Linux based RDP Server for providing access to Wayland sessions soon.

Furthermore, a colleague of mine and I are working on technology we named "Telekinesis". Telekinesis is for merging client-side and server-side software parts on the desktop and make them appear as one application to the user. Current PoCs are a Web Browser (that can play video and stuff smoothly inside terminal server sessions) and a Media Player (support up to 8k videos being played in full screen insider terminal server sessions).

If anyone is interested in such topics and ideas and how that can be done (soon) on Debian systems, please let me know and I will schedule a session.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de