Dear all,

While I have been reading the interesting thread, while researching
for stay, travel etc. for Debconf 16 at many travel sites people
mentioned it's much better to leave the passport in a locker/safe etc.
at the hotel or wherever you stay rather than on you. This was more
from the safety of theft along with having photocopies of the passport
stashed in different places just in case the passport goes
missing/theft happens and you need to approach your consulate.

What was also advised is to have a visiting card or two and local
number/s where you register/stay and put home contact details etc.

This is/was supposed to be the recommended practice and now I'm
hearing something different.

Thoughts ?

--
          Regards,