On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 10:49:47AM +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

>Or to quote Gary, from
>https://twitter.com/garybernhardt/status/989998209123536896:
>
>| who in hell called it conference talk Q&A and not an open mic pedantry slam

And this is exactly what makes me wonder if the other confs referred
to are very different (in style, or feel, or attendees) to
DebConf. I'd *never* describe DebConf Q&A as "an open mic pedantry
slam", from many years of experience. I'm used to people asking
reasonable clarifying questions of a speaker. Either what's happening
at these other events is massively different, or this author is
massively exaggerating their perceived problem. :-(

I started off as a *really* nervous public speaker, petrified of
standing up in front of an audience and making a fool of
myself. Talking to supportive audiences like DebConf helped me a lot
to get over that, and that includes conversations started in Q&Q.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                st...@einval.com
  Mature Sporty Personal