As of now, no console userid exists in /etc/passwd. I will need to research how best to set that up after lunch.

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018, Rick Thomas wrote:

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 12:56:28
From: Rick Thomas <rbtho...@pobox.com>
To: Jude DaShiell <jdash...@panix.com>
Cc: debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: bittorrent help needed

On Mar 26, 2018, at 4:21 AM, Jude DaShiell <jdash...@panix.com> wrote:

I'm trying this on archlinux.  I installed deluge and python2-identity-service.
 After having run the iptables commands in the archwiki entry for deluge to
open ports I ran deluge -s console.  Then I ran deluge and was told I couldn't
connect to localhost since the username didn't exist.  I had also added the
user to the deluge group earlier too.  The network is wifi and going out over
dns to comcast.net.
Deluge will also not allow me to configure.  I have deluge using the deluge
user unprivileged which got recommended since it's the most secure way to run
deluge.  I hope this helps.

The router I have is a router modem combination.

If I?m reading the man page correctly, ?deluge -s console? means to run deluge
with userid ?console?.  Is that what you want to do?  If so, do you have a
userid ?console? in /etc/passwd ?  Is the ?console? userid in the usual set of
groups in /etc/group?

I use deluge on Debian.  In my system I run ?deluge-web -f? as myself to start
the daemon, then I attach to the running daemon with ?firefox
http://localhost:8112?.  Can you do that on arch?

Here?s a thought:  Do you really need/want bittorrent at all?  If all you want
is a copy of the Debian 9.4 install iso, you can download it directly from one
of the Debian mirror sites ? no need for deluge at all.

Rick