> "P.C." wrote: > > Hi All > > Just wondering if anyone could help with my XL266 > install. > Have milo setup and working using the XL milo image . I can boot the > kernel using > boot scd0:linux root=/dev/scd0 load_ramdisk=1 The problem is the > kernel > hangs and says no init found after all the devices are detected. [...]
Well, you have several options: One method is to create two floppies (you are alreeady in milo and don't need a third one to load that first ;-). A "boot" floppy (from rescue.bin) and a "root" floppy (from root.bin). With these two floppies, you should be able to boot into Linux from Milo using the command boot fd0:/linux.gz root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1 The second method is to extract these floppy images to a ext2 partition and to boot from there (I did not see any ducumentation about this but in a own mail to this list), see http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha-0011/msg00109.html The third way is to try to insist to boot from CD from within Milo, may be reading of http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/86/2001/2/200/5108040/ But I can't comment that, because I never investigated this task further. Good luck, Stefan Schroepfer

