On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 01:59:36PM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
> (...) It passes more often than not and
> only fails occasionally.  I see that there is a patch in the
> debian/patches directory to avoid a race condition in this test.
> But I don't know guile so don't understand the code.

There are a few of the "guile" tests that have some timing aspects where
sometimes you "win" the race, and other times you "lose".  In an earlier
private message, I indicated one such test where I had to lengthen the
sleep intervals before following actions were taken (because my system
is so slow relative to modern hardware).  If I didn't mention the
specific test, it had to do with making sure the "guild" compiler would
clean up after itself if interrupted.  On the PWS, it was taking a few
more seconds for the interrupt to be received and processed than the
test originally allowed.  You wouldn't have seen or experienced that
particular problem on any of the "buildd" systems.

--Bob