Hi:
I  have problems with a computational program (in C++) after upgrading from
amd64 etch to lenny and fixing bugs in the program and re-compiling. As diff in
tests are large, the developers write:

>Are the OS, compilers, etc unchanged ?
>Your diffs look like the usual ones due to inadequacies in the
>test suite as far eliminating noise from binary files,
>floating point arithmetic, etc. across different platforms.

With my system

gcc -v
reports:
gcc 4.2.3 (Debian 4.2.3-3)

g77 -v
reports:
reading from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,f77,pascal
--prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/3.4
--enable-shared --with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext
--program-suffix=-3.4 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale-clocale=gnu
--enable-libstdcxx-debug x88_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6 (Debian 3.3.6-6)

Clearly I have two separate gnu compiler installations. I do not understand how
new compilers were installed. Recent versions of gnu compilers do not have g77.

Could that lead to a faulty compilation? Befor upgrading to lenny this
compilation ended OK.
The config.h generated with
./configure gnu (for serial compilation)
reads

# If g77 is not available then change FC below to gfortran or g95.

# CC is the C compiler
# CXX is the C++ compiler
# CFLAGS is the flags for the C and C++ compilers
# FC is the Fortran compiler
# FFLAGS is the flags for the Fortran compiler
# LIBS is the flags for the linker
# LOAD is the command to invoke the linker
# SFX is the suffix for the executable

CC=          gcc
CXX=         g++
CFLAGS=      -O2
FC=          g77
FFLAGS=      -O2 -fno-automatic -fno-second-underscore
LIBS=        -lm -lpthread
LOAD=        g++
SFX=

# Macro definitions for NAB
# AR is the library archiver
# LEX is the lexical analyzer generator
# OCFLAGS is the flags for the C compilers with high optimization
# RANLIB is the library index generator
AR=          ar rv
LEX=         flex
OCFLAGS=     -O3 -D_ANSI_SOURCE