Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 12:32:08AM +0200 wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 02:44:49PM -0700, David Whedon wrote:
> > Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 02:40:24AM +0200 wrote:
> > >
> > > So what shall we do? Only support it for the 2.88 ones?
> > That is what we use for CD install, right?
>
> Yes
>
> > I think having the language chooser only for CD installs
> > (which most people use anyway) is ok.
> [...]
> > It would be difficult to free 200 KB.
>
> OK, so now I need to buy a CD-writer :-\

One option is to make an optional i18n floppy and have a menu option: 'Load
Multiple Languages'.  Then we mount the dist that contains the additional
messages and whatever else we need then install into the right locations.  I
don't know much about gettext or whatever.  In principle this sounds possible
but there may be issues I am unaware of.

-David