Salvador<ota...@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> > Good work; IMO the best way of doing it is to moving it to
> > kernel-wedge to make the work for other arches easier in future and
> > avoid duplication.
>
> The only thing that could be done in kernel-wedge is the ntfs one that
> you could fix it now and use it in the package.
>
> There's no reason to let it to later since it will make your life
> easier.

<sarcasm>
Yes, I agree it is *really* important to make that change now.
Not having that defined in kernel-wedge but instead having it separately
for 3 different arches is a really major issue and fixing that will save
HUGE amounts of work in the future.
Let's see, the files contain exactly ONE module, and have never yet been
changed since they were created. So yes: a really major improvement.
</sarcasm>

IMO this is making a change for absolutely NO measurable gain at all. It
is also pushing work towards someone who has other goals than what you
are asking him to do, making his work needlessly complicated (as the
change would have to be a separate patch) and there is absolutely ZERO
benefit to kfreebsd-i386.

Also, the proposed kfreebsd-i386 file *is* different from all existing
ones (did you even see that?). I don't know why, but that would at least
have to be carefully checked. IMO it's not reasonable to dump that on
Luca, especially as he has minimal experience with kernel-wedge yet.

The kfreebsd-i386 patch is consistent with current code and should IMO be
accepted as is and not complicated unnecessarily.

Just my 2 cents.