Ian Jackson writes ("Re: The current kernel doesn't support the Logical Volume
Manager. You may need to load the lvm-mod module."):
> This is all rather unfortunate.  Perhaps we could update the package
> name of the module udebs when the kernel is updated, and arrange for
> old installers to use the old udebs ?

Or perhaps we could somehow teach anna to install the older, working,
version of kernel module packages.  I know nothing really about anna
but perhaps we could bake a version number into the initrd which would
tell it do download a particular manifest, or something.

Ian.