On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 17:43 -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> To try to work out of box for most situations we use
> /etc/debian_version information to detect from witch suite to
> grab udebs from but allow for overriden by auto-builders.
[...]
>  - If /etc/buildd_target exists, use this for suite (to be used by
>    buildds)
>

>  - Otherise, use /etc/debian_version to detect the suite to use.

+BUILDD_TARGET=$(shell [[ -e /etc/buildd_target ]] && sed 's,sid,unstable,g'
/etc/buildd_target || echo "")
+ifeq (${BUILDD_TARGET},)
+USE_UDEBS_FROM=$(shell grep -q '/sid$' /etc/debian_version && echo "unstable"
|| cat /etc/debian_version)

Right now, on a stable system, that will result in USE_UDEBS_FROM being
set to "6.0.4".  That doesn't seem like it will do anything useful,
particularly as there's no such directory in dists/ (there's a
"Debian6.0.4" symlink, but I imagine that trying to get apt to use that
is unlikely to work well).

I realise that the plan is for it to be handled via the new variable, I
just wonder if there's an alternative approach that doesn't rely on
changes to every {old,}stable, testing and experimental build chroot.  I
pondered suggesting parsing sources.list, but then realised that won't
work if sources.list.d files are in use.

> This would allow us to have the experimental building working, using
> experimental buildds, and use unstable for beta and rc releases. When
> stable comes, buildds can set the suite according too.

Has this been discussed with the buildd folks yet, given they'd need to
be the ones adding all the flag files?

Regards,

Adam