Wouter Verhelst, on dim. 19 nov. 2017 19:27:16 +0100, wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 04:31:21PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Wouter Verhelst, on dim. 19 nov. 2017 16:12:13 +0100, wrote:
> > > - That would require that at least part of the functionality that's
> > >   already implemented in the other udeb (e.g., asking for username etc)
> > >   be duplicated into the proposed new udeb. That seems like a waste.
> >
> > But the idea was precisely to reshape that question, to make it more
> > beginner-friendly.
>
> We can reshape questions reglardless of whether we implement the
> overview screen that I'm talking about.

I believe there is a misunderstanding: I'm not saying that the existing
questions should be modified. I'm saying that the way questions should
be asked in the overview screen that you propose is very different from
the existing questions (basically they'll be extremely simple). And thus
it's not a duplication, since they'll be completely different.

I agree that implementing the overview screen is a much faster step
to have something that doesn't frighten beginners away, rather than
rephrasing our existing questions yet another time. I was really not
suggesting the latter.

Samuel