Control: severity -1 normal

Hi Alexander,

and thanks for the report.

Alexander Kernozhitsky <sh200...@mail.ru> (2018-07-02):
> Package: debian-installer
> Version: 20180610
> Severity: grave
>
> I tried to install Debian Testing on VirtualBox using a weekly build of
> Debian
> Installer. Everything went OK until the disk partitioning stage. In this
> stage, installer warned me that the kernel doesn't support LVM and I should
> load lvm-mod. Then, I didn't found an option to format a partition as Ext4
> filesystem. Automatical installation allowed to create an Ext4 root
> partition,
> but after writing the changes to disk it says something like "cannot mount /".

Please see my reply to another bug report:
  https://bugs.debian.org/903047#17

There are no guarantees on weeklies, we're not rebuilding debian-installer
each and every time the kernel version gets bumped. Using a released alpha
would work best.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>