On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 03:24:48PM +0100, andrew u frank wrote:
>I install buster alpha10 from a medium i have used successfully 2 or 3 times
>before.
>
>The installation is on a x86_64 system and the installation runs smoothly. At
>the end, the grub hangs with
>
>    grub install on /dev/sdb  (sdb is my harddrive)
>
>I find on one of the terminals (alt-F4?) information which is repeated over
>and over:
>
>    xx not initialized in udev database
>
>and xx cycles through all partitions (especially the LVM partitions). I had
>setup the LVM before starting the installer and just selected three LVM
>partitions for / /home and swap. There was nothing irregular observed about
>the LVM system.

Right. Looks like a udev-related issue. I've seen the same thing on
some test installations last night, but it *everntually* finished
after a couple of minutes when I let it run. How long did you try for?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                st...@einval.com
"... the premise [is] that privacy is about hiding a wrong. It's not.