Hi John,

> There were no replies to my post to
> <mailto:debian-boot@lists.debian.org> of
> <https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2019/06/msg00147.html>.
>
> I then posted to <mailto:debian-l...@lists.debian.org>
> starting with
> <https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2019/06/msg00016.html>
> where there were various replies, suggestions and my
>
> The net my attempts to report a bug by validating my concerns
> of bugs in the Buster Live CD image were such I gave up.  If I
> could not be just a bit successful in confirming to the Debian
> Community of bugs, then experience has already demonstrated
> opening a bug report would be far more time consuming and way
> too much spinning of others and more.
>
> I had no guidance how to capture the error messages flashing on
> the  splash screen.

Can you interrupt them by hitting the "Break" key on your keyboard?
(Might require some key combination on laptops)
Otherwise, there was a "bootdelay" parameter mentioned.
As can be seen on
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.14/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.html
the parameter really is "boot_delay" with an underscore.

> I managed using my own technical
> skills, knowledge and alot of time to obtain the complete and
> exact error messages that were flashing on the boot splash
> screen.  Despite having the exact error messages and what
> conditions the error messages displayed in I still received
> basically an opinion of not a Buster issue.

Sorry, I did not find them in that thread?

> I gave up as too much wild goose chasing advise or m being told
> not a bug at all.  In my opinion the facts were not being not
> accepted of what was clear to me a bug (I actually discovered a
> few bugs and only reported the easy bug in my technical
> opinion) and not much help in the ask I posted for how to
> obtain the error messages flashing on the splash screen.

In this case you might need the same (or at least similar:
AMD CPU/GPU, legacy BIOS boot) hardware to reproduce this issue
so it's not that easy.

[...]

> A familiar Open Source project response is they do not have the
> time to work on bugs/issues, works for them so cannot exist,
> nobody else has reported the issue/bug so cannot exist.  The
> latter two are actually far from truth of determining if a bug
> exists.  I worked many years in roles where the issue reported
> was a bug and often serious, but only one person/client often
> was only experiencing the issue.  I have worked on bugs that
> only occur once every few months.  I have found the cause of
> bugs in less than an hour the software engineering teams have
> not been able to identify in two years.  This is not me
> bragging or similar.  The point here is it takes a special set
> of soft skills, technical skills and problem solving skills
> that seems to be less and less understood and strived for with
> software/firmware.

I can relate to this.

I don't have any solution though, sadly.
As Debian is completely made up of volunteers, everyone does what they
can but time is limited for everyone.

[...]

> As to the trying the released Buster Live, I happened to do so
> for secondary reasons this past weekend.  Serious issues in my
> opinion that may or may not be Live image specific.  I do not
> know as I was not going to investigate.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your specific bug.
When testing the live image with kvm though, I noticed many
squashfs errors, though, when shutting down.
Will try to report that when I find the time.

Best wishes
Michael