https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/bullseye_di_rc1+nonfree/amd64/iso-dvd/firmware-bullseye-DI-rc1-amd64-DVD-1.iso
Date: <Date and time of the install>

Machine: Lenovo X240
Partitions: <df -Tl will do; the raw partition table is preferred>

Base System Installation Checklist:
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Initial boot:           [x]
Detect network card:    [x]
Configure network:      [x]
Detect media:           [x]
Load installer modules: [x]
Clock/timezone setup:   [x]
User/password setup:    [x]
Detect hard drives:     [x]
Partition hard drives:  [x]
Install base system:    [x]
Install tasks:          [x]
Install boot loader:    [x]
Overall install:        [x]

Comments/Problems:

I decided for the LXDE task (and unselected Gnome).  This ends up with
no network management on the rebootet system.  My solution was wo
plug-in the installation USB stick and install network-manager (+
network-manager-gnome) and all its dependencies manually.  This problem
is not only valid for this box.  I have installed three laptops in a row
and its always the same.  My suggestion is to simply add network-manager
to the LXDE task.

Please make sure that any installation logs that you think would
be useful are attached to this report. Please compress large
files using gzip.

-- Package-specific info: