Control: clone 987587 -2 -3
Control: reassign -2 libgtk2.0-0-udeb 2.24.33-1
Control: retitle -2 libgtk2.0-0-udeb: should avoid GtkTextView relayout loop if
width from Pango oscillates
Control: tags -2 + patch pending
Control: reassign -3 cdebconf-gtk-udeb 0.257
Control: retitle -3 cdebconf-gtk-udeb: should give GTK a chance to do layout
before adding lots of text
Control: tags -3 + patch
Control: retitle 987587 libpango1.0-udeb: asking for less width can result in
more width being requested
Control: severity 987587 normal
Control: tags 987587 + help

On Wed, 19 May 2021 at 16:39:21 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> Following the rule of thumb that bad interactions between two components
> should often be fixed on *both* sides, I'd be tempted to clone this bug,
> reassign to both gtk+2.0 and cdebconf, and apply both changes.

As discussed with kibi on the merge requests, let's do this.

Clone -2 is for GTK, and is resolved by
<https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gtk2/-/merge_requests/2>. I'll
handle this.

Clone -3 is for cdebconf, and is resolved by
<https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/cdebconf/-/merge_requests/6>.
Please don't merge until the new bug number is available.

> As for Pango, I'm afraid figuring out whether it is doing something wrong
> here is beyond my expertise.

I'll leave #987587 assigned to Pango, but I'm de-escalating it to non-RC
since it isn't at all obvious to me whether it's a bug, and resolving the
clones -2 and -3 will fix the release-critical issue.

    smcv