Hi Étienne,

Étienne Mollier <etienne.moll...@mailoo.org> (2021-05-24):
> I admit having checkout out from time to time some of the other open
> bugs blocking the release of d-i for bullseye, although I haven't been
> following accurately wether the appropriate fix landed in daily builds
> yet, so thanks for your ping in that matter.

It's been a huge maze! Hopefully we might have found a lifeline. :D

> Using the daily build 202105024-1, I confirm the above tests I redid
> worked fine. I tested on virtual machine, and double checked SCSI and
> LVM devices test cases on the W500.  All good!

Woohoo! Thanks for confirming.

I did run a bunch of tests[1] but didn't re-do rescue mode since I was
feeling quite confident the issue disappeared for real… I'm glad you
have positive results as well!

 1.
https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/cdebconf/-/merge_requests/12#note_240698

> Thank you all for your tenure work on this tangled issue!

No worries, thanks for the extra testing, always welcome in addition to
having nice people like Simon provide patches, explanations, guidance,
etc. on the GTK/Pango/etc. side!

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>