Hi arm people,

I just noticed this outdated information on
https://d-i.debian.org/manual/en.arm64/ch05s01.html:

<<<<<<< snip <<<<<<<<<<

5.1. Booting the Installer on 64-bit ARM
[Note]  Note
For information on how to boot the graphical installer, see Section 5.1.6, “The
Graphical Installer”.

5.1.1. Console configuration
The graphical installer is not enabled on the arm64 debian-installer images for
stretch so the serial console is used

So, it states information about booting the graphical installer, but in the
next sentence
I read that the graphical installer is not enabled (for stretch; yes, that
was true some day).

Maybe someone could look at that page, if there are some more outdated
infos there?
At the very least, we should change it similar to this:

- The graphical installer is not enabled on the arm64 debian-installer images
- for stretch so the serial console is used.
+ The graphical installer is (experimentally) enabled on the arm64 &d-i; images,
+ but on some devices you may still have to use the serial console.

Comments?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076